Sunday, February 5, 2017

Secret Shopper

I visited a medium-sized library that I used to frequently visit years ago. The librarian I talked to was very friendly and happy. She made a lot of eye contact and I felt like she was eager to help me. However, after a few interview questions I had revealed to her that I was looking for a contemporary fiction novel with a female protagonist. She worked on her computer briefly without telling me what she was looking for or why. After a few minutes she asked if I had read "The Handmaid's Tale". I was caught off guard by the suggestion because it was not what I was looking for. But I was honest and said I actually had not read it and had meant to for quite some time. She got very excited and walked me over to the book. The interaction was warm and inviting, however the information exchanged could have been clearer or more precise in order to get a book that was more of a fit that I was looking for.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry the book wasn't what you had in mind. The interaction started off so promising!

    ReplyDelete